Sunday, February 26, 2012

cheese-topped french onion soup: French Fridays with Dorie (for real)

This is what the real post should have looked like.  A trip to the beach was nice, but mobile posting is now to be learned - not just "winging it!"



Darn, I cut this recipe in half because I only had 2 pounds of sweet onions.  And I say darn, because it was so darn good!  And I took half of the soup to my daughter and granddaughter - not the next door ones, but the one that lives 4 miles away.  They enjoyed it.  I will make this again - with 4 lbs.!



 Getting friendly in the pot.  With good intentions to let the onions go mahogany.



Alas, I could only last through light brown.



Which got even lighter looking with the addition of chicken broth.



But in the right light, with enough bread and cheese on top it looks good.  Going into broiler...


Yes, another keeper recipe from Dorie Greenspan's Around My French Kitchen.  To see others' results this week, click here.



1 comment:

  1. Your bowls are so cute, and the soup looks really wonderful. Lucky daughters to have you so close by!

    ReplyDelete