Saturday, September 1, 2012

minted zucchini tagliatelle with cucumbers and lemon: French Fridays with Dorie

I feel like the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland....I'm late, I'm late, you know?  

It was such an innocent change to my home computing...so I thought.  HA!  I changed out my wireless router.  There, such a simple thing.  That took 6 hours (not the 10 minutes all the commenters on Amazon quoted), and the end result, my quirky 3 year old pc laptop was kaput.  SCREAM!!!  I admit to not being a techie, but I can usually figure stuff out.  

SO....The happy ending to the story:  New wireless router works great, new wireless camera in dog room works great (so cool!), and my NEW iMac (yes, I am through with PCs and windows) works great too.  A quick trip to the apple store, and life is good again!  

That was the long version of why this blog is being published and linked one day late.  So, onto the recipe:



I do like my de Buyer mandolin.  I forget I have it until recipes like this one pops up in the rotation, since I put it far away from grandkids' reach.  I used very fresh zucchini, which sliced up nicely.  I then tried to use an older cucumber I had in the refrigerator...yuck, it was bitter.  So I pitched that one, and used the fresh one I just got from the farmers market....much better!



I had to use dried mint leaves.  It's another sad story for another day.  Hint:  Crazy Raspberry Ants in the garden.  I'm sure it would be much better to use fresh mint, sigh.



After the hour wait it plates like it is supposed to.  It tastes okay in general, but when I factor in the ingredient zucchini, I rate it higher.  I do not care for zucchini much, so if I find a zucchini recipe I will eat, then I give it extra stars.


Oh, and that camera in the dog room?  Here's my beagle-mix, Maddie, on her couch, tucked back behind an extra blanket.  She was napping as I blogged this and I took this picture from my iPhone app that allows me to view the dog room from wherever I am.   Now I know who's naughty and who's nice!!



Yes, another keeper recipe from Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan.  To see what others did this week with this recipe you can visit French Fridays with Dorie.




5 comments:

  1. We enjoyed this salad, too. It's too bad your mint plants became an ant smorgasbord, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad turned out wonderful! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your salad really looks like pasta in the last photo. Glad you enjoyed the recipe. As for the
    computer, I know you will enjoy your Mac. I have had mine for almost 3 years and I love it.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camera in the dog room :-) Enjoy all your new gadgets. My girl just bought a Mac to take off to college with her. She loves it and named it "MacKenzie" (it's name is Mackie for short...)
    Lovely salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was definitely not a favorite for me, but I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I do love the camera in the dog room. We set up a webcam to watch our dog for a while. I was amazed how much time she spent sleeping in her crate. She seldom came out during the day. It lessened my guilt about leaving her home alone, though. Good luck with your new computer.

    ReplyDelete