Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Popovers: Tuesdays with Dorie


Well, it doesn't get much easier than this.  (I think I hear Ina Garten speaking in my head!)  I haven't made popovers in years.  I used to make them all the time when my girls (aka "the mommies" to the grandkids) were little.  Big decision...the food processor or the blender....food processor won!



I got rid of my popover pan because it was teflon coated....so I used an old aluminum muffin tin (medium size popovers) and a newer stainless steel one (large size popovers).  Very interesting that the old aluminum one didn't have any "sticking" problems.  The popovers popped right out.  With the stainless steel, the muffins puffed up big, but they stuck, some pretty bad.



Ahhh, but the beauty of a popover is hard to beat.  This is a large one, which I had to prop up with a knife, because part of the bottom on the back stuck to the pan...still tasted great.



And, had the right insides!  Even better filled with melted butter and pomegranate jelly!


So easy and so good.  I will be making these again.  Another great recipe from Baking with Julia by Dorie Greenspan.  To see what our other bakers did with this recipe this week, you can visit Tuesdays with Dorie.




9 comments:

  1. An absolutely perfect looking popover! Beautiful! I loved these too and will definitely be making them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful popover! So big and perfect inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How easy was that? :-)
    That is a great popover. Such a perfect & large treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these came out really really well.. just like the book described them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the height on your popovers! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were so fun to make. I'm excited to make them for my granddaughter this week. I'll call them monster muffins!
    Yours look beautiful--each a little work of art! I don't know the secret to the stick issue. I coated my new Pampered Chef muffin pan with plenty of melted butter and they just popped right out.
    Fun recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful popover! I too will be making these again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That popover looks absolutely perfect. We used muffin tins, too - though I've been coveting some of the popover pans I've been seeing in others' posts!

    ReplyDelete