Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cauliflower-Bacon Gratin for French Fridays with Dorie

Okay, so I found this great group called French Fridays With Dorie (FFWD) and I'm making their last recipe, Dorie Greenspan's Cauliflower-Bacon Gratin.  This coincidentally came together - I was getting ready to make the gratin since I had bought the Bram that Dorie was recommending on Open Sky.  This was the recipe she showed in the Bram on Open Sky.  And this was the last recipe that FFWD made.  So....connecting the dots, I decided to join FFWD.

One note for those that are new to clay pot cooking:  build in the 2 hours for the first soak of the clay pot.  It's not going to be for tonight's dinner - darn.

Anyway, the recipe was surprisingly uncomplicated.  I choose the steamed cauliflower method, and cooked it and the bacon during that 2 hour soak time.  So when the soak was done it was really simple to throw all the ingredients together in the Bram.

Here's the finished product:





Since I missed the posting Friday for this recipe, I will start linking with the next Friday post I am able to complete.  But I just had to start myself with this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment