Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Boca Negra: Tuesdays with Dorie-Baking with Julia

I am glad for all the great insights on the P&Q post.  I was certainly confused by the white chocolate cream.  Luckily I read the recipe on Monday and it said to make it a day ahead of time (unless you have lots of snow around like Cher!).  So I did that yesterday and really had no faith that it would thicken.  But it did!!!

So then I decided to make the cake in the food processor (thanks for all the hand mixers' comments!) and it was really easy and quick.




I had one package left of "the good stuff" but only 6 ounces...so I decided to cut the recipe in half.


I used a 6 x 3 inch round baking pan and kept baking time the same (in fact I added almost 10 minutes cause I was sure it wasn't done)


On a salad plate!  The small size worked well, especially since it was so rich!


And the big hit of the night?  The white chocolate cream!!!  


Grown up kids liked the cake and cream.  Kiddos liked the cake, although Sadie had some cream and was singing pretty happy!

I am glad I made this recipe.  I am especially glad I made the white chocolate cream (this will show up again in my life!).  To see what other doristas did this week, you can visit Tuesdays with Dorie, Baking with Julia.




5 comments:

  1. I like how you refused to compromise on the chocolate and scaled the recipe down to what you had :-)
    Hey, snow may be a pain, but it does come in handy for some things! (As I watch the snow coming down tonight through the window - ugh, more shoveling...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I love that you made a smaller version based on your chocolate stash! It really does deserve the best chocolate available! It was such a great cake and the cream sauce knocked it out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this. I was pleasantly surprised the cream was not too heavy for this dessert. It is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boca negra came out perfectly and is so pretty. Glad everyone enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simply perfect looking Boca Negra! This was a huge hit in my house…but then I LOVE chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete