Friday, June 1, 2012

lentil, lemon & tuna salad: French Fridays with Dorie


It's soooo busy...why is it so busy?  I don't know, but I just got this week's recipe done and I only have the finished picture.  I like it, I do!

I didn't have olive tapenade, so I just chopped up some black salty olives from costco.  I didn't have any preserved lemon (darn!) so I just grated some lemon rind in.  And I still liked it!  It must be fabulous when following the recipe exactly.

But this is the good news...I'm getting confident enough to just go with the flow when I don't have time or ingredients that are perfect.  It's reading all the other Doristas' blogs and getting used to "going with the flow" in cooking that is helping me do this.

To see what others did this week with this recipe, you can visit French Fridays with Dorie.  Hope to have more to say/show next time!

5 comments:

  1. It’s spring…and there’s so much to do! Your salad looks delicious! I really enjoyed this one too! I think I’m going to make myself some preserved lemons! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an insanely busy time of year - but going with the flow helps make it all a little bit less insane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think going with the flow is one of the things that helps keep this group interesting - I love seeing how folks improvised and the variations they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have the lemons and used a strong Meyer lemon olive oil. It did the trick! For the tapenade, I just scooped some chopped olives, a squirt of anchovy paste, and a pinch of Herbes de Provence into the jar I used to make the dressing. Good thing I've seen some quick-preserved lemons pop around. Doristas surely are resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flo/Flow works. I am making a concerted effort to improvise. I am such a by-the-book gal and I'm determined to change my ways. Glad you like this salad. I loved also. My improv this week was lemon zest and capers instead of preserved lemons. I am taking Baby Steps to this "Flor" business.

    ReplyDelete