Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lemon Loaf Cake - Tuesdays with Dorie

I've been busy.  Not that you could tell from my blog.  It was a quiet blog because:


Little Sadie broke her wrist.  This is her coming home from getting cast #2 on Friday.  
Which is why I didn't post this:


Sardine Rillettes.  I have to confess I like sardines.  This is a great recipe for someone who likes sardines.  I wonder if canned salmon would work with this?


I also made this:

Breaking news:  Pizza Rustica crust works great with strawberry pie.  I made this pie when Sadie got her first cast on Monday....and her other favorites:  chicken salad and matzo ball soup. This is a strawberry glazed pie, the filling recipe is from my really old Joy of Cooking (bought in 1970).  
I'll post the recipe later.



But on to this week's recipe:  Lemon Loaf Cake



Nothing wrong with a little Lemon Loaf Cake and espresso for a late afternoon snack. Even if it is 6 points plus per slice (with 14 slices per loaf).




Whisking until foamy but not thickened.  A simple recipe to put together.



Slick trick:  Rest sifter on a plate to catch flour & baking powder mix in between siftings.  
Sifting into the batter is quick and easy.



Lemon Loaf Cake waiting to be sliced and served.  I left it plain.  It was tasty.



It wasn't all bad news this week.  Dolly dog got her favorite toy, Lobster, back.  I had left it at the beach house and youngest daughter went there this week and brought Lobster home.


Would I make this recipe again?  Probably.  Mainly because it's so easy and tasty. To see what others did with this recipe this week, you can visit Tuesdays with Dorie.  Our hosts have posted the recipe on their blogs:  Truc of Treats and Michelle of The Beauty of Life.


4 comments:

  1. Awww. Poor Sadie. That's so tough :-(

    Great roundup. (Although, I can't say I was a fan of the sardines...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge hug to Sadie. Hope she doesn't have too much pain.
    Luckily a great baker-mommy is there to cheer her up with the delicious cakes.
    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your daughter. So delighted to hear about a strawberry pie! Delicious! And a lovely lemon loaf - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when my now 12 year old son broke his leg at age 3. It's tough on them and us! She's so cute!

    Yay! Another sardine lover! I like sardines and enjoyed the rillette recipe as well! Everything in this post looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete